Monday, April 12, 2010

Jailbreak and Unlock Apple iPhone 3G[S]

Your iPhone 3gs must already be on 3.1.2 firmware. Anything above that cannot be jailbroken or unlocked at the moment.

go to www.blackra1n.com
click on the logo that corresponds to the operating system you are running, either a mac or pc.

once you have blackra1n on your desktop, connect your iPhone via USB and make sure you exit out from iTunes.

run blackra1n, iPhone should restart and a logo of George Hotz, the creator of blackra1n, will appear. Your iPhone should reboot properly and now blackra1n will be on your home screen.

You must have a data plan with at&t or access to wifi to continue.

A new icon is now on your home screen of your iPhone, blackra1n. Click on it and a window with three options will appear. Cydia, Rock, and Sn0w. Install Cydia and Sn0w ONLY. Rock is very buggy and can mess with your iphone.

After a succesful installation, you will also have cydia on your home screen. Sn0w will not appear on your screen, you must try a different sim card to make sure that you are unlocked.

Congrats, you are now Jailbroken and unlocked.

*Post questions here only for problems with 3gs. Thank you.




8 comments:

  1. I have firmware 3.1.2 but when it reboots there is no blackra1n icon on my iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. check if you have the new itunes. open up itunes and go to help, click on about and make sure it does not say 9.1. if it does, uninstall itunes via programs in control panel. restart pc and then install this version of itunes.

    http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php?old_itunes=53?download

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently, the new itunes breaks the jailbreak process and therefore the previous version of iTunes is recommended. sorry for the inconvenience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm using version 8.2 and also don't see the blackrain icon on my iphone

    ReplyDelete
  5. What firmware is your iPhone on when you try to install blackra1n?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wel I'm going to tell you what happened, I bought this phone on ebay unlocked!, for a great deal, when I received it, I putted my sim in it and pressed the unlock code of my sim and then I didn't receive any signal bars. so i think it is locked that's why I bought this, I see here, version 3.1.3 (7D11) and modem firmware 05.11.07

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried the blackra1n and when my iphone 3gs reboots....the blackra1n icon is not there! help please

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, If your phone got locked and want to unlock your phone instantly then unlock codes is the best method for broke your phone lock. You just need to share device details like IMEI number of the phone with country and operator. Be sure that the information you send to the unlocking company will be correct. Using this method you can easily unlock your phone.

    ReplyDelete